All Occupational Therapy stimulation sessions takes place in the Day Centre or our pool.
- Water play – pool facilities are available during sunny days to facilitate a stimulating and socially stimulating environment.
- Dressing Programme – to facilitate skills to improve dressing.
- Feeding Programme – to facilitate skills to improve independent feeding.
- Building of puzzles
- Music/dance therapy – social interaction amongst residents together with staff.
- Sensory training– to facilitate visual and auditory input.
Woodside Special Care Centre is very fortunate in receiving Occupational Therapy students every year… These students are in various years of study but all serving one goal / purpose, and here at Woodside this is to provide a good quality of therapy to individuals with physical and intellectual needs in various areas of occupational engagement. Thus far we have received 70 UCT OT students all performing different time framed practice learning practicals. This allows our residents to receive individual and group therapy focusing on specific therapeutic intervention in activities of daily living. Woodside’s residents will continue to benefit from this additional service, as four different groups of students will be spending 5 weeks each at our centre in providing one-on-one therapy.